Remote Recording Session Drummer Hire
Some Past Sessions
Live Custom Drum Tracks
Wherever you are in the world and whatever level of musician you are, you can give your recordings a professional edge with REAL studio drums, performed by a PROFESSIONAL DRUMMER at an AFFORDABLE price.
A typical 3-4 minute song usually costs just £80.00*.
*Your music will be evaluated before a quote can be given.
What is included?
- Studio hire
- Equipment hire - (drums, cymbals, mics etc.)
- Set up/take down time
- Rehearsal time
- Session Drummer Recording Fee
- Studio Engineer Fee
- MP3 preview takes
- Up to 8 Individual Drum Stems Per Take (High Quality AIF/WAV)
- Unlimited Adjustments Until You Are Happy
How it works:
1. You email me a demo recording of the track you want drums for.
(I can write your drum part for you, you can put together a MIDI drum part which I can learn, or you can tell me what to play - I read music too, so feel free to chart anything out and provide performance notes).
2. If I believe that I can do your song justice, I will give you a quote. Usually £80.00 per song with a duration of 3-4 minutes.
3. If you accept the quote, I will provide you with an invoice and a signed Musician's Union Session Agreement contract, which you can print, sign and return a copy to me. You will then pay half of the total fee upfront via bank transfer or PayPal (PayPal incurs an additional charge due to their fees).
4. I'll begin rehearsing your song and record your drum parts usually within a few days. I'll do three separate initial takes and put together a rough MP3 mix preview for each one, which I will send to you via Dropbox.
5. Over the three takes, you should have enough options to mix together a complete drum take for your song, but if you'd like any changes done to the performance, I will be happy to keep working until you are happy.
6. When you are happy, you pay the remaining balance, and I will email you the individual, high quality, raw, unedited drum stems for each of the takes via Dropbox. You will receive up to 8 stems per take in total, from the following options:
- Overhead Left
- Overhead Right
- Kick Drum Front
- Snare Drum Top
- Hi Tom
- Mid Tom
- Lo Tom
- Under Snare
- Hi Hats
7. You can then import the raw drum stems into your DAW to begin editing, mixing & processing.
I use the following equipment:
- Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
- Zoom H5
- Shure, Sennheiser and AKG Microphones
- Logic Pro X
- Sonor, DW and Pearl Drums
- Sabian AAXplosion cymbals / Paiste 2002 cymbals
- A selection of snare drums, many custom built for me and imported from my drum maker James Beier in America.
"Sam is a super professional and nice person, he puts everything into his work. He really knows what gear to use and he's definitely knowledgeable about how a drum kit should be recorded. Always open to listen to your intentions and reading your notes, registering that and adding his own thing as the great drummer he is. Most important thing? He's concerned about your song and your genre, so he can do a great interpretation; that for me, is a huge deal!"
Flavio Echart Kuc - Guitarist/Songwriter - Montevideo, Uruguay
Remote Session Client - November 2018
Live, unedited drum recording footage from this session